Monday, May 18, 2009

Organization of Business when Travelling


I'm so excited to be attending the NorthWest Astrological Conference in Seattle, Washington, USA the 4th weekend of May, however I've been debating whether I should bring my laptop and jewellery and ship daily from Seattle, or to add a line to the automatic reply sent when a purchase has been made stating shipping will be an extra day or two.

I always wonder if it's worth all the fuss, especially since Canada Post is inconsistant at it's best! I will only be gone 2 business days so it shouldn't be an outrageous delay. What ARE realistic expectations?

Many shops at the local mall are open 7 days a week and 24 hour service in the comfort of your own home is the new way to shop, on-line. How much should I attend the shop, blog, twitter etc. Feasibly, I could tweet, blog, attend my shop and answer emails first thing in the morning, during the lunch break and of course in the evening. But, should I?

What will happen if I don't think MetalRocks for a few days? What I've learned from the internal debate is I really need a few days off from the shop. I hadn't realized how I have let it overtake my life, like my many other responsibilities. As a wife and mother, I multi-task all the time and I just added MetalRocks into that get-her-done thinking. I'm going away to enjoy my love of astrology AND to not have to think about cooking and cleaning for a few days. Therefore, it would seem to me, that leaving the shop alone for a few days shouldn't do any harm.

The MetalRocks shop I think will be ok, but the house, hubby, daughter and pets? Not so sure!! :-) I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment